Saturday 10 October 2015

4.4.4 Digital Literacy: Visual Representation




This image is the  litmus test towards my competence in digital Literacy!
Am I able to adopt,adapt and use digital devices  applications and services?
Am I able to find interpret manage and share information?
Am I able to critically read and creatively produce academic and professional documents in a range of media?
Am I able to participate in emerging academic professional and research practices that depend on digital systems?
Am I able to manage digital my digital reputation and on line identity?
Am I able to participate in a digital network for learning and research?
Am I able to participate in emerging academic professional and research practices that depends on digital systems?

This is how I went about it:
I gathered information around my topic, selected the relevant information and  decided the best format to present it.
I decided to create my image using Microsoft PowerPoint  because it provides many more options/features  for creating images
I created the image, chose the format, font size colour scheme and modified  (cropped) the size using paint and  converted it to PNG and saved it on the desk top. 

On my blog, I clicked on the insert image icon and I picked this image from the desk top here.(I must congratulate myself here after I had failed  to find the best way to pull my Wordle onto the blog)

I chose the hue of black grey and blue in a totally white background in order to give the image a neat professional and academic look.


How do I assess my competence? Nellie's digital competence is excellent and Nellie needs to keep  working to make it even better!



9 comments:

  1. Nice work Nellie. I just admire the confidence you have shown in developing your work. It's an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Nellie. I just admire the confidence you have shown in developing your work. It's an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nellie, congratulations.Many times I have also desired to put images in my blog and sometimes fail. Well done,

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is excellent definition of digital literacy at it covers all the aspects of digital literacy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow.........nice work Nellie, congs

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked your visual representation . It clearly brings out the idea of digital literacy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have overwhelmed me with your visual Nellie and I want to confess that it is from your blog that I learnt how to paste my visual creation onto my blog. Thank you sis. You are a good teacher and I am sure your students will benefit a lot from your digital skills.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Marg thanks for the compliments. I am happy that I was able to cause collaboration! Is it not the essence of learning with technology?

      Delete
    2. Oh Marg thanks for the compliments. I am happy that I was able to cause collaboration! Is it not the essence of learning with technology?

      Delete