Saturday 18 April 2015

A DAY IN THE OFFICE

I give credit to my team mates, Margaret and Amina with whom I have collaborated so far. I have learnt a lot from you - taking orderliness, neatness, clear thought processes, subject mastery and insightful use of the Microsoft word from Margaret, and the meticulous use of tabulated  illustrative detail from Amina, I am a better stronger more forceful  teacher. Thank you team mates.

I have been working at two levels: first, as a learner, creating documents and as a peer editor, having to evaluate  another's work. It culminated into a self examination!

With Microsoft Windows, I was able to create text, embed  a link, list and number my work, cut, copy, paste, highlight text, create titles and sub titles and many more. The challenge I set my self was to create a text box in which I could wrap a text to make it more distinct. I succeeded! 

Microsoft Power point is a power indeed. It simply unleashed my creativity! My windows 8 had pre-formed templates which helped me to emphasize key  points and stimulate interest. I was able to incorporate photographs and  images  and customize them. I was able to re-order my slides , play around with colour, different fonts and different  sizes.The challenge I set myself was to make my slides powerful, colourful, memorable and make a point about the Nobel Prize. I did it!

I was encouraged to let my students make use of the Note-makng app -OneNote amd also challenged them to create their own power point presentations!

The Microsoft suite has everything in one bucket. It no doubt is best suited for technology integration in the classroom, because of its versatility!


Image result for microsoft suite







                                                                         














 

11 comments:

  1. Nice work Nellie. I think for us using windows 7 we are missing a lot of apps. Nice to here that you had an active collaborative group.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work Nellie. I think for us using windows 7 we are missing a lot of apps. Nice to here that you had an active collaborative group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Twaha, each time they release a window, they add more functions to the window and we need to keep on updating our selves with the latest edition where possible to be at par.

      Delete
  3. Thats true Flo, Microsoft ppt is truly powerful, its not laborious and when properly designed it is very rich in content. Thanks to this Tech!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really great Nellie. First learning through collaboration, and second engaging learners to learn new skills.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Nellie, you reveal a very successful future teacher in integrating technology, for your journey is clearly set. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have wrapped it up neatly Nellie. I have learnt a lot from you in the collaborative group as well as from your blog. You are an inspiration to me and my professional development. Have enjoyed working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to all of you.I am truly humbled. You make me stronger too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to all of you.I am truly humbled. You make me stronger too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hallo Nellie, indeed you have learnt a lot and Iam sure your teaching has been greatly enhanced by all you have learnt.Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done Nellie, thanks for honouring the two ladies you have worked with, that is the power of collaboration. You have surely learnt a lot from Office. But there is still more to learn. Please visit this link during your spare time: http://www.schoolnet.org.za/PILP/ict-skills-teachers/index.html

    ReplyDelete