Tuesday 5 July 2016

6.4.4 The Challenge Phase

       
                         canstockphoto2717867.jpg


The challenge phase of the project posed a real challenge to me. What should constitute the introduction? The tasks? What they? How should I approach these? I tried and failed. Tried and failed. Tried and failed again and again. Why?

I had steeped myself in the realm of failing to  un-learn and opening  up  to re-learning something new, new methodologies, new approaches and above all to open my mind to inventiveness and creativity. Gerald forced me out of my reverie by pointing out over and over again what constitutes a good introduction and what constitutes a good task.

Finally, I have come to appreciate that the introduction serves to whet the appetite of the learners, this needs to be written in a learner - friendly language. The introduction needs to lend itself gently to the tasks. The tasks which gain energy from the introduction,   describes the activities’ end-product – which in my case, is a presentation of an interview report conducted among the youth living in various contexts: Village, town, city- what drives their decision- making?


Anyhow- the struggle continues…I have just received a review that I need to improve the nature of my tasks and that some of them are too menial and redundant!  - Re learn, unlearn and over learn, Nellie- and Kudos to Gerald the tutor.

5 comments:

  1. You are right Nellie. Identifying what to include in the introduction and tasks can be challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right Nellie. Identifying what to include in the introduction and tasks can be challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the hardest part because it is the hub. Every part of a Webquest revolves around the challenge phase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also agree that the challenge phase is not easy but I know you can do it Nellie, just keep in there!!

    ReplyDelete