Sunday 31 July 2016

6.9.4 Lessons Learnt


                                                            



I struggled through this course.  Lesson six was quite heavy and demanding. The Web-quest was a big challenge.

The WebQuest is something any one can do. However, it was such a put-off for me because it was more demanding than I could imagine. Why does it encourage the teachers do design projects in the same way? Especially at the tasks and process. I tried my hand at creativity with Literature and it was thrown out. Why is it so restricting? My mind stopped working!

I learnt that the teacher can create a WebQuest from examining the problems in his vicinity and, with the children deeply involved in an investigative problem-solving and later on work together collaboratively, their minds can be sharpened in many ways.

I am still staggering under the weight of getting a total grip of the Web Quest. I am determined to use it with Literature. Literature is about life. The substance of literature is born out of life experiences and I will think out of the box and the restrictions of the Zunal to come up with a successful project in Literature.


Prossy Sengooba. Edward Ayo… without you having gone out of your way , I would have been a drop out by now….A million thanks for holding my hand and directing it purposefuly. I promise you  a treat at Cafe Javas.

5 comments:

  1. Good insights madam.
    You have had it well with webquests

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nellie, I knew you would make it. all the best as you move forward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nellie I like the you are so determine. In life you can't do without challenges. What is important is how to overcome the challenges and you are driving towards that thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hhah!it was a put-off! Even though you are still staggering with using literature in a webquest, the good thing is that you have appreciated how useful it is in teaching and how it tickles both the teacher and her/his learners to think out side the box...bravo Nellie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you. WebQuests can be developed to solve a problem affecting society

    ReplyDelete