Sunday 24 July 2016

6.8.4 Formative and Product Assessment



I was forced to rework my webquest after a mind clarification process. My web quest centers on  a writing project - in order to produce a magazine for a newspaper based on Uganda’s celebration of her Golden Jubilee of independence in the year 2012 titled: memoirs of Uganda at 50.
From developing this project gave me the following insights:

The writing process is in self an evaluation process  provided the teacher gives the learners the guiding questions for each step of process assessment. It is in this regard that I provided questions that prompt their thinking during the process phase and also a self –evaluation questionnaire at the end of the project: refer to my Zunal (in the conclusion). The purpose of this is to   help the student reflect on their own work and thus assess it objectively.

The students worked together in teams to polish their projects before they presented the final product for a general class evaluation. It is at this point that I used the rubric I had created as an assessment for the finished product (product assessment).

Conclusively, finding the right assessment method depends on what you are really trying to assess in terms of skills or knowledge or understanding.

Oh Gerald has just condemned my work as a mere assessing of writing skills- not a challenge at all- lacking in the elements of a good project. I am shot at the back. I have ran out of ideas, I have worked so hard to put the work together. Anyone with an idea of what and where and how I can improve? Visit my webquest at: http://zunal.com/webquest.php?w=325524  Thank you.



5 comments:

  1. Nice post Nellie. You are not alone. Writing the WebQuest to the tutor's satisfaction isn't an easy thing. Keep polishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post Nellie. You are not alone. Writing the WebQuest to the tutor's satisfaction isn't an easy thing. Keep polishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't give up Nellie, be the fighter you have always been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the others Nellie, you should not give up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have reached the climax, the Tutors' words should be able to inspire you moře, keep going!

    ReplyDelete